The mission statement of
Chatham Citadel Corps
is for us
‘To bring Christ to People
and People to Christ’
In accordance with the Mission Statement worship and community activities are focussed in line with that core value. To fulfil this the Corps aspires to provide meaningful worship and fellowship activities that will retain existing membership, bring new contacts into a meaningful relationship with Christ and also have programmes to bring new people over the threshold. This is delivered through a range of worship, discipling and community work including all age ranges.
Corps Vision Statement
The Corps vision is based on Ezekiel 47 of the river flowing from God, deepening and widening as it flows through Chatham Corps and out into the community.
The river will be a deep one.
The vision is about our worship going really deep – we will not be satisfied with surface acknowledgement of God, but worship of God will run deeply into all aspects of our lives and we will be drawn to the very heart of God.
The river will be a wide one.
The vision is for our fellowship to be open, loving inclusive and embracing. We will be known for our authentic welcome and strong fellowship of interdependence on God and each other.
The river will be a flowing one.
The vision is for discipleship and nurture being a flowing journey. We will not settle for saved and stuck but will have a thirst for the things of God and want more than anything else to grow in our knowledge of God, where holiness and being filled with the spirit are once again the norm for all.
The river will be fed by many streams.
The vision is for our mission and evangelism flowing out from worship, fellowship and discipleship. We see many streams of evangelism through existing relationships we all have at work, school, college and in our leisure time. We need to free up time to relate to our friends and neighbours who at the moment have no relationship with Jesus. We need to seek out the lost and bring them home.
The river will at times burst its banks reaching out and the banks of the river will bear fruit and leaves for healing (Ezekiel 47v12)
The vision is that our service should be for the healing, transformation, feeding and justice for our community. We need to serve but our service comes naturally from our life in God in fact it will flow out of us. We need to ‘be’ community as well as ‘do’ community work.
The destination of the river of God in Ezekiel 47 is the Dead Sea, the ‘Arabah’. Our vision is to bring life to the dead places and peoples of Medway. This will be done as we allow our worship of God to flow deep and wide, bursting and spilling out so that we bring life to all we touch and meet in the name of Christ.
- Our actions are motivated by our love for God and our desire to glorify Him.
- All people matter to God’s people – we love and care for them equally whether existing or potential members of our fellowship.
- Teamwork, freedom to take initiative and effective communication are guiding principles of our process and organisation.
- As DISCIPLES of Jesus Christ we deepen and broaden our spiritual lives.
- We explore all aspects of EVANGELISM and empower people to achieve our mission of ‘bringing Christ to people and people to Christ’.
- Our FELLOWSHIP is open, accessible and at the centre of the Medway community where all can come and feel they belong. Relationships are authentic and people speak and act without being judged.
- We have a healthy balance of church life and activity supported through the effective allocation of RESOURCES.
- We value people’s God-given skills, talents and gifts, offering opportunity and freedom to discover and use them in God’s SERVICE.
- The teaching found in God’s word is the basis for our WORSHIP and instructs all our plans.
To find out more read the pages listed to the right