Todays report is a slightly different format as I wasn’t at either of the events reported on , so I am indebted to others for the details
The morning meeting was led by Major Judith Payne
The report was kindly provided by Major Estelle Clack .
Major Judith Payne’s theme for Chatham Sunday morning meeting was ‘Peace that can be found during a storm at sea’.
I was asked to read Mark 4:35-40 ‘Jesus calming the Storm’.
Judith referred to the dragon boat race challenge at the Chatham Basin No 2 today ( More about that later ) -reminding us that Jesus is with us in the boat even when we are experiencing a storm!
1. Jesus said ‘let’s go!’
2. ‘A storm in life is not the end’.
3. Quoting Jeremiah 29:11 ‘I know the plans I have for you..plans to help you not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future’ Judith reminded us Jesus CARES!
3. Disciples asked ‘Do you care?’ – In every situation Jesus ‘cares’.
4. ‘Peace comes when Jesus is in the boat with us’.
5. Various hymns/songs and videos reminded us that in every situation we need Jesus.
6. Jesus said ‘Why are you afraid. Do you still have no faith?’ The storm is not the end of the journey! Jesus calms the storm and brings PEACE!
A very thought provoking service!
I was so engrossed with the message I forgot to take pictures and hymn numbers!
A Good proportion of the Corp were in Chatham Dockyard during the day , either Supporting or taking part in the Annual Dragon Boat Challenge hosted by the Medway Sunlight Rotary Club .
A report from Tim Scott…
Team The ” Sally Ann Sinkers ” ( Boat 15 ) finished the heats in the top 12 (number 11). We got through to the Silver final and came 3rd in that – so overall finished a very creditable 9th, out of 27.
Tim (Team Captain)
leading during Race 3
Whole team after Race 3
Thank you to Rebecca for the Photographs
The Link below will take you to KMTV who did a news report on the day
Our Scouting Groups were in attendance as well during the event , handing out information to the public , so the Corp was very well represented on the day
During the afternoon we also saw on the BBC Songs of Praise -Young Choir of the Year competition, that NChant , of Rochester Girls Grammar School , were voted through to this years Final . Beth Boughton from our Singing company is part of the choir
Congratulations from us all