The following message has been received from Major Nigel Schultz:
It is with regret that both Sunday meetings need to be cancelled at Chatham and Strood. The promise of better weather on Sunday is not too clear. The design of the brick work on a slope outside the Worship Hall at Chatham is very very dangerous and even difficult for cars to move on.
We have decided to make this decision now rather than wait for possible improvements that may not happen in the next 24 hours.
Corps Sergeant Major Tim Scott has commented:
I’m sure that some people will be unhappy if Sunday turns out to be better weather-wise, but it’s better to make a decision and prevent people struggling.
We ask everyone for sympathetic understanding for those who have had to make this decision.